Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Keep Calm and Fill Out The Next Form

I know I haven't written in a while, but there hasn't been much to write about.

Right now we are still working on paperwork. We've gotten most of the easy paperwork done. The main thing we have left to do now are the financial report and our autobiography.

The financial report is on hold because we decided it is best to wait until January when Michael can get on the insurance at Chappy's because the family coverage through my school was just not feasible. So, that is on hold until then.

The autobiography consists of 3 pages of questions we have to answer. We each have to answer most of the questions individually because several of them are about our families and childhood. We will get it all done, but this part is taking a lot of time. It is very stressful because you want everything to sound so perfect and amazing but, they want to know all the imperfect parts of you too. It's just overall a very interesting process. I understand the need to know all these things about us because they want to make sure they are placing an innocent child in a good and healthy environment, but sometimes it is so overwhelming. Not to mention it's hard at times not to think about how "normal" families don't have to answer pages of questions before they can have a baby.

Now, the good stuff...

First, there are 15 great people who are working on filling the baby bottles for the first round already. In fact, one person already has one full. I just have to find a time to go pick it up!

Second, a sweet, sweet friend, Jamie, has so kindly started making bows and hats to sell to raise money for us. I don't have the words to express how much this means to me. She has two boys to take care of, one of which has been in the hospital over the weekend, yet she is still willing to spend her extra time making these things to help us. I will never be able to repay her. She is truly a blessing from God!

Third, I bought a new puzzle. Once I opened the other one, I realized many of the pieces were too small to write a name on them. So, the new one is still a map of the world, but regular sized/shaped pieces and more kid friendly as well. And an added bonus, my students are having fun getting to put together the other puzzle in their free time.

I don't know how long it will be before I update again because the interviews can't start until we have all our paperwork in which can't happen 100% until the insurance stuff is settled. Thank you for all your support and encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment