Saturday, November 16, 2013

Plan A

Everyone has one of those mornings where you wake up in a panic wondering what day it is and fearful you overslept. That was how my Saturday started at 5:30 this morning. I guess the fact that Michael had to be up super early for work today threw me off. So, needless to say I have been up since then because I just can't go back to sleep after waking up in a panic like that.

Since I woke up early, I laid in bed and checked Facebook on my phone. Yes, this is my morning routine. Yes, I know I'm addicted. But, that's not the point. While scrolling through my newsfeed I noticed that my sister, Heather, had commented on a link to another couple's adoption blog. So, of course I decided to check it out to see how their process was going and how they had come to their decision to adopt.

What I found made me think, cry, and thank God for where we are in life. Their journey is fairly similar to ours. Marriage, trying to start a family, infertility, crying, hurting, and finally moving on.

Here is the thing that really stuck with me. The name of their blog is Cheers to Plan A. She explained that this title came from a friend of hers who has adopted who said that sometimes you have to give up plan A for God's plan. But, she made a fantastic point. God's plan is plan A! (Even though it may not be ours.) Therefore, we are working on fulfilling plan A.

I am so glad Heather commented on that link so I could see it. I look forward to continuing to follow their journey. I have a feeling I will learn many more valuable lessons through their journey as well as through our own.

Please continue to pray for us as we go through the process. Pray for our future child and his or her birth family.

Thank you, as always, for all of your prayers and words of encouragement. I know that Michael and I would not have made it to this point without everyone's support.

No comments:

Post a Comment