Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Small update since the last post

Given all the things happening with our agency lately, we decided to call them to check on our status. I hated to be the person to call and ask about our status when our attorney and his wife are dealing with cancer and upcoming treatments, but at this point we need some reassurance.

When I called, I found out that our consultant is back in the office after taking the bar exam last week. That immediately made me feel more at ease because I feel like I have a good rapport with her, and there will be at least two people in the office at all times.

So, here is the important information that we found out:

1. They are currently working with two birth mothers who are due towards the end of the year.
2. There are only 24 couples on the waiting list.
3. We are somewhere in the "upper middle" range of the list. (I assume that probably places us somewhere between about 9-12.)

All of these things made me feel better. I was really glad to learn that they have capped off their list of waiting couples since they have so few birth mothers they are working with at the moment. It also made me feel better knowing that we have made progress in the past year of waiting.

Please pray for our attorney as he battles colon cancer. He meets with the oncologist today to figure out a treatment plan.

Also, pray that the agency will gain more birth mothers. Pray that the birth mothers they are working with will stay strong in their decision to place their child for adoption. Pray that the birth mothers will feel confident and loved through the entire process. Pray specifically for our birth mother (present or future...we do not know) and our precious baby. Pray for Michael and I as we continue to have times of struggling during this seemingly unending wait.

As always, thank you for your love, support, and prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment